The Sir Peter Blake Trust is excited to partner with Yachting New Zealand, for the inaugural ‘Blake Inspire’ programme – a five-day environmental leadership development adventure designed for emerging New Zealand sailors.
This is an opportunity for young sailors (Years 11-13) with a passion for the environment to follow in the footsteps of Sir Peter Blake himself!
You don’t have to be the next sailing champion – we’re looking for students of all sailing levels. But you DO need to have a sense of adventure, a curious mind that’s ready to learn and develop skills to lead positive change and a love of being out on the water.
On this programme, delegates will learn about topical environmental issues from inspiring experts and heroes from within environmental and sailing communities; experience sailing on Auckland’s iconic Hauraki Gulf; snorkelling in the Goat Island Marine Reserve; learn about the legacy of Sir Peter Blake; and take part in restoration and volunteer projects.
Most importantly, they will return with incredible stories, new friends and networks and leadership capabilities and strategies to lead a sustainable future within their communities and sailing clubs!
- Delegates must be in Years 11-13 during 2019 to apply
- Delegates must belong to a Yachting NZ affiliated sailing club
- Programme will take place in Auckland from 7-12 July 2019
- Cost is $999 (+ GST) per delegate + travel expenses for those coming from out of town
- Up to 25 sailors will be selected as delegates on this programme
- Accommodation, meals and all activities during the programme are included in the price
- Applications will open early 2019- keep an eye out on our Facebook and Instagram pages for announcements.